Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Dare to Dream...in vibrant color

This isn't my typical craft post, but as I stated in my profile, one of my hopes is to inspire people. I wanted to share a website with you. Debbie, who is one of my friends and former sports marketing co-workers, had a dream. She always wanted to open up her own retail shop. She didn't just do this on a whim. She was patient, strategic and waited for the right place and the right time. She was smart. Well, I am thrilled to say that she did it. She made her dream a reality. Orange is officially open and has been for a couple of months! Hooray! She has a storefront in Valrico, FL (near Tampa) but you can also check out her website and take a virtual tour. It is so cool. The name, concept, merchandise and her clever little tag lines are so colorful. She is an inspiration to me.

I too have a vision and a dream. I want to write a Do it Yourself craft book. There, I said it. It is officially out there in black and write print for any and all to see. I already have the title and a number of fun projects to share. Watching Debbie has made me realize and believe that it can happen. I just need to be patient, plan and continue to pursue my dream.

So, please take a minute and surf her site. If you are in the area, stop in her shop and tell her MB sent you. I can guarantee that you will find top quality merchandise and top notch customer service.

Congrats Debbie! I am so thrilled for you.

Sweet dreams,
Madame Craftsalot

1 comment:

Deb Raftus said...

Yo, it's your sis. I love the name of her store. And she's got great style.

My roommate just bought me some great yarn and I'm going to make this bag.

http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/PATTsueet.html

And I'm making a lining for it, so I'll finally use my sewing machine!

xoxo.