Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Trash to Treasure Part Two




As I said in my last post, I have been donating my time and talent to some well deserved groups. The first was for the Junior League of Winston Salem. They use the money to be able to run a variety of programs that helps our community tremendously. Visit http://www.jlws.org/ to learn more. The second is for Habitat for Humanity. I volunteer on Wednesdays while the kids are in school for a couple of hours with our "Shab to Fab" group at the Habitat Restore. They use the money they make from selling our "trash to treasure" projects to build homes for those in need. I am working on a few different projects but, so far, have finished two pieces for them to sell. I refinished a cool bench. I painted it a fabu barn red and gave it an aged/worn finish by sanding the edges. I liked it so much I bought it. The other piece was a bird house. There is a group of men who does all the woodworking, so I didn't have to build it. I just painted it. I named it "Animal House". I did an animal print theme. Check out the pix. Both sold this weekend and are going toward the building of 5 new homes in one week. I really like this group and think I will learn a lot from all of the different talent. Pretty cool.

Happy Crafting,

Madame Craftsalot


1 comment:

Kathy said...

You are just oozing with talent! I love your new creations. Congrats.