Friday, July 11, 2008

Latest art project - Damask painting




I just finished a project that I have wanted to tackle for a long time. I am happy with the result. It is a very large canvas that I painted a tone on tone damask oversized print. I used red tones and did a faux glaze over it to kind of mute it out a little bit. My first attempt ever at anything like this so I am pleased. It is hanging in my family room. I also refinished two sconces. They were white and I first painted them red and then did an antique brown finish over it. I love to experiement with new colors and finishes so this was a fun project. Here are some pix. They never seem to do artwork justice. It is hard to capture the true colors without a flash. Hope you enjoy! My next project is a big one. I just bought 5 panels of old tin tile that are 2x8. I am going to attempt to make valances out of them for my living room. Wish me luck. Another new challenge!


Happy Crafting,


Madame Craftsalot

1 comment:

Deb Raftus said...

Awesome! I love it all.